I am a Ph.D. candidate at the Department of Communication and Journalism at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. I have a master’s degree in Pragmatics and Sociolinguistics and a bachelor’s degree in Romance Languages, both from the Hebrew University. My MA dissertation explored how Hebrew speakers respond to compliments and the role of compliments in the socio-pragmatics of Hebrew.
Areas of interest: Language and Society, Socio-Pragmatics and Political Discourse.
PhD Dissertation: Flattery: The Dark Side of Sociability
- 2018 - The Presidents scholarship for outstanding PhD students.
- 2017-2018 - The Communication Department at the Hebrew University Scholarship for doctoral students.
- 2014-2015: full MA scholarship from Mandel School for Educational Leadership.
- 2014 - Rector award for MA students.
- 2012 - Dean award for BA students.
- Kampf, Z., & Danziger, R. (forthcoming 2021). Interpretive constructs in contrast: The case of flattery in Hebrew and in Palestinian Arabic. Contrastive Pragmatics.
- Danziger, R. (2020). The pragmatics of flattery: The strategic use of solidarity-oriented actions. Journal of Pragmatics, 170, 413-425.
- Kampf Z, Chudy D, Danziger R, Schreiber M. (2020). “Wait With Falling in Love”: Discursive Evaluation of Amicable Messages Conveyed by Opponents. Journal of Language and Social Psychology. doi:10.1177/0261927X20944977
- Kampf, Z., Aldar, L., Danziger, R., & Schreiber, M. (2019). The pragmatics of amicable interstate communication. Intercultural Pragmatics, 16(2), 123-151.
- Kampf, Z., & Danziger, R. (2019). ‘You dribble faster than Messi and jump higher than Jordan’: The art of complimenting and praising in political discourse. Journal of Politeness Research, 15(1), 1-23.
- Danziger, R. (2018). Compliments and compliment responses in Israeli Hebrew: Hebrew university in Jerusalem students in interaction. Journal of Pragmatics, 124, 73-87.
Chapter in collection
- Danziger, R., & Kampf, Z. (2020). Diplomatic compliments and praise on Twitter. Complimenting Behavior and (Self-) Praise across Social Media: New contexts and new insights, 313, 165.
- 2020 - Teaching assistant in “Linguistic Communication” at the department of Communications and Journalism at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
- 2019 –Teaching assistant in “Advanced Methods of Textual Analysis” at the department of Communications and Journalism at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
- 2013-2015: Teaching assistant in “Introduction to Linguistics” at the Language School of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
- 2012-2015: Teaching and research assistant for Dr. Aldina Quintana-Rodriguez of the department of Romance and Latin American Studies.
- 2020 – present: Research assistant – Prof. Zohar Kampf and Dr. Gadi Heimann, “What so special about 'special relationships'? The Meaning of Friendship in IR”
- 2017- Present: Forum coordinator, Discourse Analysis group, the faculty of Social Sciences, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem (Directors: Dr. Zohar Kampf and Dr. Michal Hamo)
- 2017 - 2020: Research assistant – Prof. Zohar Kampf, “Performing Peace: Understanding the Conditions for Achieving the (Re)conciliatory Consequences of Discursive Actions".
- 2017: Research assistant – Dr. Christian Baden and Dr. Keren Tenenboim-Weinblatt, “The Future of Catalonia”.