Adi Sheffi is a Ph.D. Candidate at the Department of Communications and Journalism at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem and a scholar of the Harry S. Truman Research Institute for the Advancement of Peace, the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
Adi completed her bachelor's and master's degree in Communications and Journalism studies at the Hebrew University, Jerusalem. Her Master's dissertation focused on motherhood and motherliness representations in four Israeli documentaries which were produced during the second Intifada. The Topic of her Ph.D. research, advised by Prof. Raya Morag, is Post Traumatic Motherhood and Current Israeli Cinema. In her research, Adi examines the representations of motherhood as presented in Israeli post Second Intifada cinema.
- Cinema, trauma, and war
- Israeli and Palestinian second Intifada cinema
- Zionism and post-Zionism
- Conflict Research
- Intersectional feminism and Postcolonial feminism research
- Gender study and care ethics research
Awards and Prizes
- 10.2019-21 The Harry S. Truman Research Institute for the Advancement of Peace Fellowship, the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
- 03.2019-20 The Levi Eshkol Institute for Social, Economic and Political Research in Israel Fellowship, the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
- 03.2019-20 The Smart Doctoral Student Awards for Excellence, The Smart Family Institute of Communications, the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
- 09.2018 Katia and Hans Guth-Dreyfus Fellowship, The Swiss Center for Conflict Research, Management, and Resolution.
Full CV is attached.